How to Prepare for Your Signing Appointment
My name is Dave Irwin, and I’ll be your notary signing agent.
Please read this page carefully as it contains important information about how to prepare for your signing.
My goal is to help you have a successful signing. Here are a few things to keep in mind, and a few things to do before our appointment.
My Role as Your Notary Signing Agent
I have been contracted to walk you through the documents in your closing package and explain the general purpose of each one. I am not an employee of the lender, real estate agent, or title company.
I cannot offer legal or tax advice or give opinions about details of your loan or sale. I can only tell you generally what the documents are and witness as you sign them. Some documents will require notarization, and I may be required to place you under oath when you sign certain documents.
Signing home loan or sale documents usually takes between 30-45 minutes, depending on your experience with the process and your familiarity with the documents. We will move methodically at your pace so that you do not feel rushed.
Steps to Get Ready
- Prepare a clean, clear surface such as a dining table where there is plenty of room for everyone to sit, and space for documents and supplies.
- Everyone who is signing will need an unexpired government issued ID, such as a state driver’s license or U.S. passport. IDs issued by foreign governments cannot be used for real estate transactions without prior approval by your lender.
- To avoid any surprises, please check with your loan officer, realtor, or escrow officer before we meet if you have questions about final numbers.
- If you are expecting money back from closing and want to have it deposited directly to your bank account, please have your bank information ready, including the bank name, branch address, routing number, and account number.
- If you have been informed that you need cash to close, please confirm the details with your title company and have the check or other information ready when we meet.
- If you have any questions, or if anything changes regarding our meeting time or location, it’s important that you contact me as soon as possible. Call or text me at 480-631-7446.
Important Health Information
- If I have confirmed our appointment you can be assured that I am not sick and have no symptoms of illness. To the best of my knowledge, I have not been exposed to anyone else with symptoms either.
- I am happy to wear a mask if you prefer. I want to make sure you are comfortable, so please let me know when I arrive if you’d like me to wear a mask while we’re signing.
- I will sanitize my hands before we get started, and I will offer you a new, sanitary pen to use and keep after the signing.
- If you or anyone in your household is sick, has symptoms, or has recently been exposed, please advise me right away so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
Thank you for letting me serve you during this important transaction. I am also available for general notary work. Please contact me to notarize documents such as wills, powers of attorney, and other important items.
Notary Public &
Certified Signing Specialist